Friday, March 1, 2013

40 days of Lent - Still working on it

Today's thought -

March 1 (Happy Birthday Mom!) -  A couple of weeks ago, you practiced, repentance and asked for forgiveness and reconciliation.  How's that going?  Spend some time in thoughtful prayer.

The February 18 Lenten thought was the thought they are referring to, you might want to re-read it - I just did, and I have personally been praying a lot more since I started this Lenten blog.  Mainly because I keep reminding myself by just writing this.  I pray on, think about, mull around in my head before writing this each day; and it has opened my mind to many things, including repentance, forgiveness and reconciliation, but I have a long way to go. 

I still hold on to some old ways of thinking and that's my downfall.  That's why I like this Lenten Spring Cleaning - because it doesn't dwell so much in the dark dirge part of lent, but throws open the windows and lets the light and fresh air in.   

This Lent I have been thrown in the washer, yes I have been agitated a bit with myself, but that's what helps to loosen the stains, then I am rinsed with the forgiveness of God. 

So I am still praying on and working on repentance, forgiveness and reconciliation - I hope you are to.

No comments:

Post a Comment