Friday, March 15, 2013

40 days of Lent - HELP!

Today's Lenten Thought

March 15 - Ask others for help.  Consider paying for help you need if possible.  Clear out guilt and martyrdom.

Yeah I am a martyr.  I sometime refuse to ask for help  and then I like to whine about it.  There, I admit it.

But I did breakdown and asked my mom for help with the laundry this week.  It's been a busy week having someone in the hospital for most of it.  I will get her a lottery ticket tonight for helping.  She did a lot this week for me, watched the dog, laundry and dishes.  Maybe I will get her 2 tickets.

Sometimes it is hard to ask for help, pride gets in the way.  We also get the "do it my way" syndrome.  No one can do it right but us.  Sometimes we have to let others do things, even if it makes us squeamish at the way they do it.  I get over it eventually so can you.

It worked for Daniel - 

Then these men went as a group and found Daniel praying and asking God for help. Daniel 6:11
So sometimes we can ask others for help and sometime we can ask God for help, but either way, it can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment