Monday, March 18, 2013

40 days of Lent - Idol worship


Today's Lenten Thought

Okay - I doubt you have a golden calf
March 18 - What do you spend so much time, energy, and money on that somebody else would think it's the God you worship?  Consider finding a symbol for it, taking it out back, and smashing it.

I don't think I do that with anything really - if you can think of something for me - let me know.  Most of my extra money and time goes into the Church, by helping out with things like the craft fair, flea market and Sunday School.  So I don't think they meant that. 

But I know people who do get obsessed with certain items and spend a lot of money on it.  Some people just worship money.     What ever causes you not to put God first could come in this category.

So if you have something that others might think you worship then try the above and start worshipping God instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment