Saturday, March 9, 2013

40 days of Lent - Goodbye

Today's Lenten thought took some pondering

March 9 - Say goodbye to someone you need to say goodbye to.  Whatever the circumstances, good or bad, remember that "goodbye" comes from "God be with you".

I read this first thing this morning but wasn't sure where to take this.  At this moment in time I don't think I have someone I need to say goodbye to, but over the years, there have been some.  Today I find some memories haunting.  I need to say goodbye to the people that still get under my skin even though they are long gone.

So that's why I resolve to do - say a final goodbye to those people and try not to let them in my thoughts anymore. 

I guess that's why we are to forgive and forget.   There is a song from South Pacific that goes "Gonna wash that man right out of my hair."  Well I have a few men and woman I need to wash out of mine. 

So I got to you go now and wash my hair.

PS - Sorry this is so late,  It has been a long day, Parke is in the hospital, he is doing fine, but please say a prayer for him. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment