Thursday, March 21, 2013

40 days of Lent - cook?

Today's Lenten Thought

March 21 - Attempt to cook something you've never made before, whether it's basic like scrambled eggs or fancy, like--well, pick something from Julia Child.  Say grace before eating.

Not the day for me on this one.  I am home today make halupkies for Saturday's Craft Fair and Flea Market at Salem UCC, in Catasauqua.

It takes usually most of the day between rolling and cooking the trays - I just started around 9 and I thought I take this break and write today's blog.  The picture you see is the hamburger and rice mixer with the leaves of cabbage, next job is to roll them up.

Another reason I won't be making something different today is I will be weighing in at Weight Watchers later today - maybe after weigh in, lol!

Variety is nice, God gave us so much to work with, so many fruits and veggies, there is always something new to try, so this is not a bad thought, the timing is a little off though for me.

Have a great day - experiment - let me know how it goes, or save me some!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment