Thursday, March 7, 2013

40 days of Lent - Meet me half-way

Today's Lenten thought -

March 7 -  This is the 20th day of Lent, the half-way mark in the 40 days.  Instead of waiting for someone to meet you halfway on something, go all the way to them.  Initiate a call or send a note.

I am not sure I am waiting for anyone at this time, but I have seen this kind of circumstance before.  People or family members not willing to talk to each other waiting for the other to make the first move.  I saw this alot when I was a kid growing up.  My grandmother would be mad at someone in the family and not talk to them.  Heck, as I think about it - she was mad at me many times and wouldn't talk to me.  

My favorite example of this is her cookbook which she left to me.  When she would be mad at me, she would erase my name and insert someone elses where it said, after my death this book goes to......  After she forgave me for whatever I did, she would erase the other name and insert mine back.  I have the book, eraser marks and all. 

Life is way to short to hold a grudge, besides, it gets heavy after a while.

On the bright side - I am half way through this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment