Thursday, February 28, 2013

40 days of Lent - slooooowww dooowwwnnnn

Well first - the question of the hour --how did I do yesterday?  For the most part I craved sweets all day long, because I knew I wasn't having them.  I did cave in before bed and had a piece of my mom's birthday cake.  As for meat - I did have the DiGiorgio pizza with the little italian meatballs on it but that was it for meat. 

Today's thought is just plain old good advice for everyone.

February 28 - February is a short month, but don't let it rush you.  Slow down today.

For me that is great advice, but today's not the day for that to happen.  I have a meeting after work and book club at 7:00 PM - tonight is one of those nights I feel rushed.  So many times I find myself rushing from one place to the next.  For the longest time I kept this scripture on my desk - Come to me,  all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:27-29   I always thought  rest was what I wanted, but truth is that make me fidgety sometimes.  Slowing down and pacing myself is much better.

So slow down today.  Even though I will be busy - I will try to take it all slower and at a much easier pace, so why not try with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment