Wednesday, March 13, 2013

40 days of Lent - Faith a memory

Today's Lenten Message
March 13 -  Faith is memory before it's hope.
Remember how you've made it through hard times.  You can trust that you'll make it through again.

That was actually a very deep thought - faith is memory before it's hope.   I had to ponder it a bit.  But what we are saying here is we made it before, through prayer and belief that God is listening and we use that memory to help us make it through again.

How true that is for me.  When I need to do something scary or something that makes me nervous, whether it's singing or talking in front of a crowd in church or a test in the hospital I usually pray something like -  God you helped before can you please help me again. 

From the scriptures - Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

I would like to memorize "faith is memory before it's hope"  but I know my memory - so I think I need to write this one down and keep.  I think it's a special thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment