Sunday, March 31, 2013

40 Days of Lent - Christ is Risen!

Christ is risen indeed!

Happy Easter

Today's Lenten and final thought is:

March 31 - Easter is the ultimate second chance.  Live anew!

Today, Pastor Mike's sermon started with a story about when he came to Salem.  John, the President of Consistory,  showed him the church, in the dark, without turning on the lights and then proceeded to tell him a ghost story.  The funny thing is that ghost story is mine.  A few years ago, the Monday after Easter I went into church to take care of the flowers.  When I walked in the Sanctuary I had walked to the front of the church and then turned and saw a women, dressed in green sitting in the pew in the back.  I can described to you details of what she was wearing.  I was alarmed I thought that this woman might of been confused, thought it was Sunday.  I had never seen her before.  When I quick turned back to talk to her, she was gone.  I went looking for her, even so much as to look under the pews, but she was gone.  She is now referred to as "The Lady in Green".

I don't know if she was a ghost or an angel, but I saw her and I believe.  Other people believe in her, even though they didn't see her.  We didn't see Jesus hang on the cross, nor did we see Him after the resurrection, but we believe! 

Pastor Mike says he sees God and Jesus everywhere, in people, in the congregation.  We carry on God's work and people can see that in us.

I see Jesus in the children and every so often something special happens that makes me believe all over again.  Today, it was a simple hug, from one of the children before he left.  It was full of love, joy and happiness.  That's the best kind of hug.  In that little unexpected moment I felt the Love of Jesus Christ and it was overwhelming.

CHRIST IS RISEN......CHRIST IS RISEN INDEED!!!!  This is not the
end, but just the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment