Wednesday, March 6, 2013

40 days of Lent - don't delay

Oh my, I think God is trying to tell me something.

Today's Lenten Thought:

March 6 - Make medical appointments you've been putting off. Thank God if you have insurance. Pray for those who don't.  Educate yourself with facts, not opinions, about health care reform.

Yesterday, Annette, my co-worker and bff, emailed me with a colonoscopy reminder, which I have put off and off and off.   But kudos to Annette, she called and made an appointment for the initial office visit.

I did go to the doctor on Monday for my knee, something else I was putting off and I will be getting a MRI on this coming Monday. 

Getting older is not easy, with each year there seems to be more tests and more issues to deal with.  I thank God for my health.  This past Sunday one of our members at church passed me in the hallway and I know he has had some health issues, but he gave me a smile anyway.  I said it was good to see him, and he said yes, he was trying.  My response, any day upright is a good one.  How true.

So if you been putting off the "exam" "doctor visit" or "test"  now is the time to stop making excuses and make that appointment.  I promise to get a colonoscopy this year, you can join me if you want, maybe they give group rates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment