Tuesday, February 26, 2013

40 days of Lent - Getting rid of excess

Today's thought is.....

February 26 - Whatever you have too much of, get rid of some of it today.  This might mean a trip to Goodwill or one less trip to the refrigerator or an apology you need to make.

I wonder.....does this include body fat?

Guess not, but if it did - I was ready to donate it!

When I was laid off a little while ago I  used that time to clean out the closets and get rid of all the excess stuff; and since our church has flea markets twice a year, I use that as an excuse to keep me from becoming a hoarder. 

I have also taken to heart the Lenten thought from February 16 and have been buying one item for the food bank each week - it also had me taking stock of the pantry to see what else I could donate.  But the last part of the thought for today is the most interesting -  "an apology you need to make".  I guess they also want us to clean out our conscience. 

Lent is a good time to get rid of any excess - it is a perfect time to take stock , and this includes all the areas of our lives.  So whether you have too many packs of noodles or too much guilt, it's time to get rid of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment