Monday, February 25, 2013

40 days of Lent - Moving the Mountain

Today's Lenten thought

February 25 - Jesus says even tiny faith can move mountains.  What are the "mountains" you could move with the faith your already have?

Whew - that's a tough one.   I got a lot of "mountains" I would like to move, but sometimes I don't feel that I have enough faith to move them.  Sometimes the faith is just the faith that I have in myself.  I believe that with God all things are possible, but I forget to include Him in my daily struggles, the little things I feel that I should not bother him with.

We all feel that sometimes we shouldn't be calling on God for the little things, or for our own shortcomings, but God doesn't mind.  He says to pray unceasingly so He knows and is ready to help with the "small stuff".

Todays Lenten thought is from the scripture in Matthew 17:20 - You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."

A mustard seed is so tiny but yet Jesus said that this is enough to move a mountain.  Now that is an empowerment - I feel better already just knowing that.  How about you, are you ready to move your mountains?

No comments:

Post a Comment