Sunday, February 24, 2013

40 days in Lent - Remembering

I avoided writing this all day - because today's Lenten thought is

February 24 - Remember someone you have loved and lost.  Sadness and grief have their place in Lent.  The pain of loss is the cost of loving well.  Risk it.

I wasn't sure where to take this Lenten thought, but what immediately came to mind are the friends I have lost over the years, those friends who have departed this life to the next.

Those are the ones that leave a hole in my heart.  The friends that I loved and miss dearly.  The first that came to mind was Missy, we lost her way to soon to cancer, along time ago. She left behind 2 young daughters and it was probably the first death of a friend that I had to experienced.

Some other ladies I have lost were Evelyn, Ginny and Miriam.  All ladies I have learned from over the years, all ladies that held a special place in my heart.  Thinking of them brings tears to my eyes, but I know they are in a great place, waiting for me to get there someday.

If you choose to remember a relationship that was more of the man/woman love relationship feel free to do so.    I have had my share of that kind of love and lost, but time heals all wounds.

For those who have gone on before me, this day I remember you.  They are so many more that I will include in my prayers tonight, they are gone but not forgotten.  They live here, right here,  in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment