Wednesday, February 27, 2013

40 days of Lent - Are they crazy?


Yes, that really is a Maple Bacon Donut and no, I am not
really eating one.

WHAT - are they nutz!!!!!!!

Are they crazy - OMG- okay - just breathe,  breathe - here we go.

Today's Lenten Message

February 27 ---  (I shudder just to write this)  Give up caffeine, sugar or meat for today.  How did you body, mind and soul feel.

What - I can't have a bacon donut with large coffee this morning?  How will I exist?

Back in the day I use to say that I ran on Coffee and Candy. 

But seriously (I wrote the above yesterday when I read ahead) I prayerfully considered what to do.  So I decided to sleep on it and start the day with elimating all three and see which one I could stick with, lol!

Meat, of course, is the easiest - but it will depend on what I make for supper.  The frozen pizza I have has meatballs on it - so it might be easier to order Papa Johns and have it either plain or with a veggie on it.  Lunch is a white bean wheat berry salad and some roasted carrots so that's already meat free.

Next there was caffeine - on a good day I could do without but not today.  Last night I came down with a major headache, so I took Benedryl and was foggy minded this morning, and I didn't want to not have caffeine and get a caffeine headache later.  So I started the morning with the usual cup of joe, but on the drive in my headache returned, but it is still not as bad as last nights, so keeping my fingers cross on that.  The coffee at work is decaf anyway, so I am not having a huge amount of it.  I'll skip the Pepsi Max tonight.

Lastly, sugar....Oh how I love thee...so since this is the most difficult - I will try to do without it.  (Good luck Barbara, since you sit behind me -- around 3 I should be getting the heebie jeebies).  I almost blew it this morning when I got jelly out for my toast, then I remembered so I switched to some laughing cow cheese.  Since sugar is indeed my downfall I will let you know tomorrow how I did, and how I felt.

So if you had all of the above already, you might want to try this challenge on another day, if not try one for today and remember - you can do all things with God who strengthens you.

No comments:

Post a Comment