Wednesday, February 20, 2013

40 days of Lent - Returning

Today's Lenten thought from the UCC Spring Cleaning Calendar is a simple one -

February 20 - Return things that don't belong to you; overdue library books, the Netflix movie that's been lying around, that Tupperware containiner (please wash first).

I can't say this is one of my problems, but I do have the occasionial stray container around my house and books from Barbara.  But for some others tardiness is our returning process could be a problem.  Why pay any extra for a book or movie.  Develop a new habit, return it as soon as your done.  Circle it on the calendar to remind you - or put in on your phone.  It this day and age there are so many ways to remind ourselves, that we shouldn't forget anything.  Of course, in saying that I missed a doctors appointment last month - because even though it was on the calendar - I didn't read it. 

During the Lenten season we can look at a lot of different ways to Spring Clean, not just our minds and souls, but even our houses and habits.  Good luck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment