Thursday, October 10, 2013

Some Wisdom from Proverbs

This could possibly be one of my new favorite proverbs

Proverbs 25:  16 If you find honey, eat just enough—
    too much of it, and you will vomit.

That truly made me smile this morning, especially since I have a problem with sugar.  I love sugar, I love candy and of course, I love chocolate.  I over indulge in these way to often and sometimes,  I  feel sick from it.  But I don't learn from it at all.  

In fact, it is addressed again later in Proverbs 25:  27 It is not good to eat too much honey,
    nor is it honorable to search out matters that are too deep.
28 Like a city whose walls are broken through
    is a person who lacks self-control.

Oh oh, I am like a city whose walls are broken through.  I have been lacking that self-control lately, and that is why I have been looking up scriptures on the same.  I know I have self-control I just need to exercise it.  It seems so much easier some days to pop those M & M's than leave them lay.  Even though I know one handful leads to three.    So for today I am going to say in my head, when I pass the M & M's the following:

Beverbs 1:1 If you find M&M's, eat just enough-too much of them, and you will vomit, feel sluggish and crappy the rest of the day.

Actually,  I will try to avoid them completely;  but it is better to learn to be satisfied with a lot less, then a lot more.  

Proverbs 25 has some good verses - some that make me just laugh out loud - like verse 24 -

Better to live on a corner of the roof
    than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment