Friday, October 4, 2013

Self-Control - We all got it.

Self-Control - we all got it, the scriptures say so.

Galatians 5: 13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

God created us to operate with a free will, it says so right there in verse 13.  We CAN choose what we will do and what we won't do. Inside of us we all want to do the right thing, BUT sometimes we allow our flesh to rule, and we become out of control.

So many of us say that we have no self-control  but we really are created to operate with self-control. Self-control is a freedom, not a bondage. However, we never look at it that way.   You’re free not to be pushed around by your feelings.  You’re free to do what you know is healthy and wise.


Self-control will help you feel better about yourself.  When I make it through a day without candy, I feel so much better about myself and I am not tired from the let down of the sugar high.  But yet, I am so quick to grab a piece of chocolate after lunch.  Sometimes I grab chocolate, just because I think I have to have dessert.  Sometimes I grab chocolate because I am happy, and they throw Snickers at me when I am in a bad mood. EMOTIONS

Do you let your emotions manage you?  Emotions won't go away, but you can learn to manage them - This I certainly need help with.

In the meantime I am going to think of it like this.   Self control is a fruit;  and fruits......well, they are good for you.   Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment