Monday, October 7, 2013

I found the Beef!

So I was wondering - after my first blog where does meat come in at.  In Genesis 9 it tells me.  It takes place after the flood and this is part of the covenant that God makes with Noah.

Genesis 9:

 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Whew - good thing for me since I cannot see myself as a vegetarian or vegan.  I like the occasional hamburger and eat a lot of chicken and turkey.  I love fish, but my family, not so much.  So whenever I go out for dinner I get fish. 

The benefits of eating meat are that it contains a large amount of protein, many nutrients that are rich in iron, Zinc, selenium and Vitamin A, B and D.

We all know that we need to opt for lean cuts of beef, pork, veal and lamb and choose chicken breast over the dark meat.  Don't forgot to avoid frying.  You know the same goes for veggies.  Somehow that healthy broccoli becomes a lot less healthy went it is batter dipped and fried.

Well, I feel a little better now,  I can have my meat and eat it to, moderately, of course.  

Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment