Friday, September 4, 2015

What I Learned on my Vacation - Part 2

Peace is a quiet heart.

Peace comes with your relationship with God.  Relationships with people can be anything but peaceful.

I hate to hear the phrase "Go in Peace" and you might think that odd, but let me tell you a story. I once knew a women who could push all my buttons.  She once was a friend, who held a position of some authority.  But she abused our friendship.  She would work me up to a frenzy, until I was so angry I could not handle it anymore.    Before I would get to the point of hitting her,  I would walk away and she would say - "go in peace" she knew that became an additional button to push on me.  Our relationship became anything but peaceful.  She was mentally abusive and cruel.  We need to get away from people like this.  I finally did.

Around God we have perfect peace.  The more we study and learn the more peaceful we can become.

Now let me tell you a funny story.

After my 3 days in Hershey at the Joyce Meyer Conference I came home with this great peace.  I came to work, which can me sometime be a tense and stressful place to work.  We have a co-worker who makes everyone angry with her lax work ethic.  She comes and goes when she pleases and the rest of us must work 8 to 5 and if you a few minutes late you hear about it.   So on my way to work I prayed to continue the peace I was feeling.  A funny thing happened.  First when the first incident happened I turned and calmly said; "You know I was thinking about this and if this causes so much unrest maybe we should go to the boss and tell him and if he doesn't do anything about it, so be it, but we would at least get it off our chest."   Later, when another incident happened and people were getting a little loud I said, "I won't let this bother me, if she wants to act that way, ok, but I am not going to act that way."

Around 3PM the girls in the office said "OKAY, THAT'S IT - NEXT YEAR YOU STAY HOME AND WE ARE GOING TO HERSHEY TO SEE JOYCE, YOU ARE JUST WAY TO CALM"

So, I have been sharing my thoughts with them and I think it has helped, just a little.  Little baby steps though are the best sometimes, to take.

Luke 5:16 - But He (Jesus) Himself withdrew (in retirement) to the wilderness and prayed.

You see, even Jesus made sure He had alone time.  He ministered to the people, but he also would step away to be alone and pray.  If Jesus could do this, then so can we.  And when I say ALONE, that is without your phone, facebook, TV or your tablet.  Intimate time with God leads to a peaceful mind.

Prayer:

Dear God - I find Peace in Loving you Oh God, I am ready to receive your Grace. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment