Thursday, September 3, 2015

What I Learned on my Summer Vacation

I was excited for my annual trip with the girls.  The car was packed, the women in place and off we went for 3 days to Hershey, Pennsylvania, the home of chocolate.  But it wasn't chocolate that we were anticipating - we were excited to see Joyce Meyer at the Giant Center.

Each year we make this annual trek to Hershey to hear Joyce.  Each I learn something new and I hope it makes me a better Christian and person.

This year she announce a new book coming in the Spring called Overload - about stress - we all cheered - I mean, who doesn't have stress.  Then I found out something great - and, that is we all have peace - really.  How do I know - Jesus said so.

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you my (own) peace I now give you and bequeath to you.  Not as the world give do I give you.  Do not let you hearts be troubled neither let them be afraid.

So STOP allowing yourself to be agitated or disturbed by outside forces,  Jesus left us peace - we need to use it.

Just knowing this has helped me immensely.  When I feel like my peace is being stolen by a person or by situation I just think "Peace I leave with you"  It's here - it's real  - SO

DO NOT BE

troubled
afraid
agitated
disturbed
fearful
intimidated
cowardly or unsettled because Jesus GAVE US PEACE.

Pursue God's peace and refuse to live with out it.

PRAYER

Dear God - You gave me peace through your Son Jesus, help me to find it - in my mind, in my soul and in my heart.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment