Monday, January 13, 2014

The Daniel Plan - Will Parke protest?

Parke always says to me that when I am on a diet, he is on the same diet since I change the way I cook.  The Daniel Plan is all about cooking.

Before I use to come home and say what elegant side dish would you like and I would choose from the countless noodle, potato and rice packets on the shelf - you know, the ones where you add butter or margarine, some water and milk and you think you are cooking.  But the Daniel Plan wants you to read the labels, if products have stuff you can't pronounce, forget it.  So yesterday I spent a couple hours in the kitchen preparing some of our meals for the next 3 days.

Tonight we are having mini meatloafs, with brussell sprouts and a side dish of wheatberries/lentils/brown rice. Which will probably be a lunch for me since lentils are a protein.  Don't tell Parke that I am making the meatloaf with chia seeds and oatmeal, the side dish is going to be enough for him to comprehend.

Tomorrow's dinner is actually from Facebook I think -

Chicken Parm Casserole.  I baked chicken, diced tomatoes and sauce (no sugar added) together - tomorrow I will add croutons and Mozzarella, not really on the Daniel Plan but a girls gotta party sometimes.  The side will be whole wheat pasta and some green beans.

Then Wednesday, Turkey burgers with Quinoa Pilaf (which smelled delicious!!!).  I know I am pushing the envelope here with the healthy side dishes, but who knows, maybe he will like them, then again maybe not.

In the meantime I had fun cooking.  Not missing the sugar anymore and a lot less brainfog.  I think that is a good thing.


  "But Daniel made up his mind that he would not defile himself with the king’s choice food or with the wine which he drank...”  Daniel 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment