Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Daniel Plan - so far so good

In case you wanted to know how I am doing on the Daniel Plan I have lost 5 pounds so far.  I am finding it easier now that I pretty much gave up sugar and artificial sweeteners.  I did split a cupcake with bff, Jaime last night at a birthday party - but I had to - it was a Shady Maple cupcake.  I wanted to try it and I did and I confess - it did make me a little hungry for some more sweets when I got home so I did have a piece of candy but I did not go berserk. 

I am now addicted to hummus with pea pods, smokehouse almonds thanks to bff, Rami (I know I should be eating raw almonds but these are so good) and now also to Blue Diamonds Nut Crackers again smokehouse flavor. 

Today was another couple of hours spent cooking for the week.  This week my mom is eating with us, she usually likes to eat out in the afternoon with friends but her car is in the garage and she is forced to eat with me.  We had turkey chili yesterday and we are having pot roast today.  Monday is chicken fingers (home made I might not coat mine at all and just have chicken strips) with Ancient Grains and broccoli.  Tuesday is Spaghetti night, I baked meatballs, lean ground beef with chia seeds, garlic and lots of Italian seasonings.  I personally don't eat spaghetti, gives me heartburn so I will have plain pasta with garlic and olive oil and lots of veggies.  Wednesday is one of Parke's favorite, skinless chicken thighs with white beans and cherry tomatoes.   So I am set for most of the week.  Oh, also in the picture is my breakfast which is cream of rice with brown rice, apples, raisins, walnuts and lots of cinnamon.  I just scoop out a cup and add a little almond milk.  Yum.

I need to get on the exercise bandwagon yet.  I am not lazy, just can't find the time.  This week I should have more time in the evening to at least to do a little something.  Of course, I got some exercise toting totes to the attic this weekend. I am sure that burns a few calories. 

So that's your update - I am still reading the book and learning as I go.  I need to really study it more along with starting the journal.   Remember - read your labels, if you can't pronounce something, you shouldn't be eating it.

"You’re blessed when you’ve worked up a good appetite for God. He’s food and drink in the best meal you’ll ever eat” (Matthew 5:6, MSG).

No comments:

Post a Comment