Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Daniel Plan - Detox - This was not the week to do it

What a time to start the detox plan of the program.  Let's see what I have gone through so far.  My mother's birthday and her choice to eat at - the Chinese Buffet.  Donut Day and having been given homemade fasnachts.  My group at church called Friendship Circle, where there was an over abundance of great food and a birthday cake that I bought for my mom.

Now if you know me, you know that my favorite food is store bought birthday cake.  I don't know why - probably the icing is my favorite thing.   But one thing I have to remember it's not about the food, it's about the fellowship.  We had great laughs last night, I had great Italian Veggie Soup made by Nancy - I had 2 bowls of it. So tasty.  I did have some noodles and a piece of sausage, but I ate turkey kielbasa with sauerkraut and let's just say that kind of cleaned out the system.  But I did have a piece of cake and a fasnacht later and I did have 3 pieces of candy at the meeting.  Oh well. Today is another day.

Luckily I read the wrong day in my devotional this morning entitled "Trust God One Day at a Time".  The Lord's Prayer says "give us our daily bread".  We are to trust God for today and not worry about tomorrow and at the same time I need to let go of yesterday.

AND YES, I am drinking a cup of coffee today.  Sorry - after a late night at church I needed a java jolt this morning to get started.  It is like the nectar of heaven to me this morning.  God made coffee beans for some reason right?  I did discover though that I do like a few teas out there.  My favorite so far is Egyptian Licorice Root by Yogi - it is sweet and curbs the cravings for sweets.  Maybe I should have taken that to Friendship Circle.  Oh well, today is another day - I brought all good food today for breakfast and lunch and tonight there is a Daniel Plan recipe made for supper.

So, I might not
loose a ton of weight this week, but with friends, fellowship and faith I am rich.  God gave me lots of blessing to count.  Take time to count yours.....may you run out of numbers.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment