Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 8 - Righteousness

If I really was on a mountain I would of starved to death by now from the gaps between my days.  But I am back and this time with Psalm 36: 6- Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; Your judgments are like a great deep. O LORD, You preserve man and beast.

The mountains of God was confusing me, I was wondering - did they think God lived in the mountains?  But after reading some different views on the scripture I found that it was a reference to the greatness of God.   God's righteousness is great, but I find the second part of the scripture interesting also.  Your judgments are like a great deep.  Some say the great deep is the deepest part of the ocean, the part we don't understand fully.  God's judgments are like that, perhaps too deep for us to understand.  But the good news is at the end, He preserves man and beast, and that's us. 

I've been praying and reading more lately, I guess as the weather gets warmer I get outside, where it is quiet and can contemplate more.  Like going to a mountain top.  So, I will endeavor to get my 40 days done.  Eight down and 32 to go.  Do you think I can find that many mountain scriptures, well we shall see.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment